Taking on big projects this year?
The Kangaroo Cabinet’s ingenuitive use of space is exactly what you need! With a removable cover on the dual hydraulic lift, easily transform your Kangaroo into a flat, flush work surface. Additionally, a cleverly hidden quilt leaf, as well as a removable supplementary cover for the large left drawer, allows you to maximize every inch of the Kangaroo’s surface.
Whether you prefer free arm or flat bed positioning, the Kangaroo Cabinet’s ergonomic design will keep you comfortable while you continue to do what you love.
- Quilt leaf stored on the back of the cabinet
- Expands your workspace and prevents large quilts or large pieces of fabric from pulling and ending up on the floor
- Dual-hydraulic liftA removable cover is used to protect the sewing machine when in the storage position
- Provides support from both sides of the lift
- Designed with gas strut mechanism
- Moves your machine into three positions: free arm, flat bed, and storage
- Removable front panel to use knee lifter
- Large left drawer with removable coverIt does not feature doors or leaves. The sewing machine is exposed in all three positions
- Remove cover for compact storage
- Heavy-duty locking casters provide excellent portability and stability
- Optional Custom Machine Insert for a flush surface (sold separately)
- Kangaroo Sewing Furniture Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Available Finishes: Teak or Ash White
- Kangaroo II Cabinet Dimensions
- 55 ?” W x 40 ½” D x 29 ½ H
- 55 ?” W x 21” D x 29 ½” H
- Quilt Leaf
- Cabinet Drawer
- False Top for Drawer
- Sewing Machines that Fit: Made from melamine laminate and wood composite
- Supports sewing machines up to 55 pounds
- Width: 23 ¾” ” (left to right)
- Depth: 12 ½” (front to back)
- Height: 14 ½”
- Please measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of the machine.
SEWING MACHINES THAT DO NOT FIT KANGAROO II
We are aware of the following sewing machines that are too large to fit into the Kangaroo II sewing cabinet (K8805 Teak and K8811 Ash White):
- BabyLock – Destiny
- Brother – Dream VX8500D
- Janome – Horizon Memory Craft 15,000
- Please note: The Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15,000 fits the platform of the cabinet in flat bed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also, the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how the machine sits on the platform in flat bed position.
- Elna – eXpressive 920The newer Bernina 8 Series models 820 and 830 are approximately 1/4″ too tall to allow the cabinet to close up fully when the machine is in the down position.
- Please note: The machine fits the platform of the cabinet in flat bed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how the machine sits on the platform in flat bed position.
Please be advised that this list may change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.